Saturday, March 22, 2008

Illusion is The Ultimate Weapon


MASK was a television series made by DIC for Kenner, a toy company in US (now Hasbro). It was aired by RCTI(www.rcti.tv) around 1989-90. The series was one of my all time favorites. Well of course there were Silverhawks, Thundercats, Galaxy Rangers. Ah, yes, the good ol’ days.

But MASK was something else, I’d rather think it as a mix of Mission Impossible with Transformers. I remembered the first season being best of them, with great stories all the way, and animation that had been very well done, anime and western style boiled into one.

I was in Junior High when I collected some of the toy vehicles. By the time I was in High School, I’ve got Thunderhawk, Condor, Manta, Gator, Jackhammer, Vampire, Iguana and Wolfbeast. I couldn’t buy them all, so I had made other transformable vehicles from bits and pieces of old toys. I loved playing them with stories of my own version. I converted our room into a whole city to set the playground and mission objectives. What a wonderful time back then!

Twenty years or so have passed and I still keep the most of the toys still in very good shape. If not because of financial difficulties we’re facing in our household, I would never want to sell them away.

Yup, I’m letting them go to collectors or anyone interested in memorabilia toys. I invite you to visit my online garage sale and take a look at these MASK toys I have.

There’s also very good resources and info about MASK here:


No comments: