Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why I became a vegetarian

I was a meat lover. KFC chickens, A&W’s burgers, Ny. Suharti’s ayam bakar, tongseng goat, rendang beef, Bandeng Presto, gulai boar/celeng, pepperoni pizzas, smoked-beef slices, cunyok, and all others too numerous to mention were my favorites. You name it.

Then about four years ago I stopped eating food from animal flesh. It was a gradual process which took roughly a year, before I had finally abandoned meat. Well, I still consume dairy products, eggs, cheese, and milk.

People always asked me why did I turn vegetarian? Was I on a diet? Health considerations? Etc. etc.. Even Gabe asked me again and again.

And I always said I’m not sure why, I just don’t want to eat animals anymore. They’re just like us humans, they have legs, arms, eyes, mouth, and brains. They think, though not in the advanced terms like us do, they also have feeling, they fear when their lives are on a threat.

I don’t want to make a long story out of my decision. But I’d like to take the words off of Master Ching Hai’s campaign on Global Warming awareness.

Go green, be vegetarian.

It has a nice and catchy phrase. And very reasonable, too. Please, if you want to, click here to visit their website and read on.

No comments: